Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top Ten Food and Fitness of 2010

Happy New Years all! I hope you all had fun nights to ring in the new year :)

I would like to share my top 10 food and fitness finds of 2010. The past year brought with it a lot of new food and fitness adventures and discoveries...

10. Boxing    I have done these classes both at Gold's Gym and New York Sports Club. High energy classes that are a ton of fun!

9. French Meadow Bakery Bagels    I love the Spelt and Hemp varieties. Two of my favorite ways to eat the spelt bagel are with maple pumpkin butter or peanut butter, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. The hemp variety tastes delicious with a schmear of peanut butter or hummus.


8. Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Ice Cream    My first try with coconut milk ice cream...it inspired me to make my own :)


7. Soba Noodles     These became a favorite in the last month of my college semester. Super quick and easy to make. Delicious and hearty...yummy with tomato sauce but my personal favorite is with a scoop of pesto!


6. Mint S'more Brownies (from Eat Live Run blog)    Some of the best brownies my family has tasted and although a multiple layer brownie may sound intimidating they could not be easier.


5. Parigot    A really terrific French Bistro I first discovered with my Belgian suitemate. It is located in Soho on 155 Grand St (between Lafayette St & Centre St). Delicious food (approved by my French judging roomy) and great price. I had a Croque Madam the first time and the Parigot Omelet on the second visit with my mom and boyfriend. The Omelet came with a salad that had a terrific vinaigrette and french fries :)


4. Chelsea Market    Located in Chelsea (hence the name) this is a great place for any foody. There is a great fish market that is stocked with every sea creature imaginable and serves great sushi The market also has shops with dozens of varieties of salts and oils (you must try to black truffle salt...they recommend it on popcorn!). I have had a nutella and strawberry crepe from the crepe bar. The Market is also home to one of my favorite spots...One Lucky Duck Takeaway Bar (check out my oatmeal raisin cookie post for more info)!


3. Insanity Workout    Check out my Insanity Post :)


2. Raw Food    This has definitely been one of the best discoveries of 2010. Raw food has introduced my to a whole new way of eating and dozens of foods that I had never eaten or cooked with before! My two favorite inspirations are Ani Phyo and Sarma Melngailis.

And the winner is...

1. Hot Yoga    The most fantastic fitness classes I have ever experienced. The Hot Yoga classes I attended were hot power vinyasa and very intense. I left the classes dripping with sweat...not an inch of my clothing was dry. Despite high physical exertion, I was calm throughout the entire class, and left feeling relaxed and more calm then any workout as ever left me before. 


I will work on taking photos of all of these things so I can brighten up this post :)

What are some of your favorite things of 2010? Any new classes you tried? New recipes that have become regulars?

No comments:

Post a Comment