Friday, December 31, 2010

Pushups 'til my arms fall off

Hello!

As promised today's post is on the Insanity workout. Let me just start off by saying that the name says it all. This is one of the most insane workouts I have done. Not only considering dvd workouts, but including all workouts I have ever done. A quick description of the workout...it is based on the idea of interval training. About 3 minutes of hard strength/cardio type moves (jump squats, jack pushups, suicides) followed by a 30 second water break. Workouts last between 40 and 60 minutes. The set includes ten dvds. I have tried four of the dvds so far and have been impressed that there is hardly any crossing over of moves between the dvds. Keeps things interesting.

I would consider myself to have high cardio stamina. I can usually hold a conversation while running even at a good clip. Some parts of the dvds I find myself sucking air pretty hard, but where I really feel the workout is the BURN...in absolutely every part of my body. The pushups! I do not have a very strong upper boy (something I am working on) and the 75+ pushups that keep coming at me typically result in my collapsing to the ground. Then, Just when I think I cant possibly do another jump squat, Shaun T (the ripped trainer) yells at me that I have ten seconds to go and I need to push it as hard as I can. Ha.

Although it may sound like I am complaining, and maybe I am a little bit, I am very happy to have the Insanity program. I used to be convinced that the only way I could get a great workout was to go for a run or go to a spinning class, but this is one workout (of a few others that I have recently discovered...I'll share later) that has proved me wrong.

One of my favorite parts of a cookbook is the pictures so that I can see if my attempt resembles what was intended. I try to post pictures of my baking...and I just decided it is only fair if I post a picture of myself doing an Insanity workout. Now I warn you that it is not going to be pretty like a tray of golden muffins. But, it will prove that this workout really does work up a sweat...

...however, I still need to take that picture! So stay tuned if you would like to see what this workout is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment