Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blizzards and Wipeouts


Hello! Hope you are all having a great week...J (the boyfriend) and I had a great time visiting his Aunt and Uncle. We had sushi from Wegman's one night for dinner. Boy do I hope Wegman's comes our way soon! No standard grocery store compares to it.

Yesterday a friend from college came to visit and she suggested we go snowboarding. I am a skier but have never been on a snowboard and may have slightly underestimated the difficulty of it. I am not sure why, but for whatever reason when I try to stand up on the board, I have so much trouble! I just cannot figure out why. Sometimes I'll pop right up and other times it takes me 5 or more tries to boost myself up! But it was a ton of fun and a great workout. This morning when I pushed up on my arms to get out of bed I certainly felt it. And although I thought I did fairly well for my first time, my booty is telling me otherwise by the soreness with every step. I sure hope this doesn't hinder with my Insanity workout today. We are getting hit with another storm today (which I love!) but that means I am stuck at home and won't be able to get out for a run or go to the gym. So Insanity it is whether my arms and booty are sore or not!

Last night for a late night snack I made myself the scrumptious shake that Gena from choosing raw posted awhile ago. You can find the recipe here. This would also be a great post workout snack because cherries are a natural anti-inflammatory. I somehow didn't make enough of the shake to fill the glass, which I fill every time I make this shake so I'm not sure what went differently this time. My picture doesn't look as beautiful as Gena's, but it sure tasted great! Next time I make this shake I believe I will be making it in my Vitamix, which is scheduled for delivery today...YAY! I just hope the snow doesn't delay it. Although, today was also my day to make a trip to the organic co-op for ingredients, and now that the snow is preventing that, I don't have too much to put in my Vitamix.



Hopefully my next post will be juicing and Vitamix experiments! Have a great day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment