Friday, February 25, 2011

Protein

Hello all,

Happy Friday! I am going to work a little early today to get some blood work done. I decided with my recently evolved eating habits it would be a good idea for me to get a blood work up done on my iron, protein, and vitamins. I shall let you all know how that goes!

Speaking of protein, I have been researching good vegan raw protein options. Kristen's Raw has a really great review on the protein powders she has tried. I think for now I have narrowed it down to two:
Sun Warrior's Brown Rice Protein Powder




and Sprout Living's EPIC Protein Powder




Both are dervied from brown rice, and I am excited to try both. I am thinking I want to try the vanilla and chocolate flavors. I checked out Sprout Living, and they have $2 samples which is great (I bought a very expensive Vega protein in the past only to find that I did not like it at all and couldn't force myself to chug it down, even with my nose plugged) In fact, I contacted Sprout Living to ask what stores they sell it in, and I think they are going to send me a free sample if I ask my health store at home to carry it! That is super exciting. I shall let you know how I like them both!

I hope you all have fun weekend plans. I know my plans are to relax, go for a nice run, and try my new yoga dvd! I will post more on this dvd after I have tried it so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment