Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cleansing is not for me

I got through one day of cleansing and have decided that I definitely do not want to do two more days. I did not have horrible cleansing symptoms. The only possible symptom may have been that I felt as if heat was oozing out of my skin all day. But what I really had trouble with was the fact that I was hungry all day long. The only time that I wasn't hungry was after the Cinnamon Cashew Milk (which I actually couldn't finish in one sitting it was so filling). I would be full immediately after drinking a juice, but then 20 minutes later I would be starving again! The morning went pretty well, and I was able to manage the hunger. But by the third drink I was feeling fed up. 

The verdict: Perhaps one day I will try a juice cleanse again. I am a bit disappointed because I feel that cleanses are really great for eliminating toxins from the body, and even though I don't eat a ton a toxic foods, I am definitely in an environment where I am breathing in toxins every day. The one thing I can say I took out of this cleanse was a love for juices. I was surprised to find that I really loved both of the greens juices that I had yesterday. I also loved the beet, carrot, and apple juice. Juices will certainly be something that I incorporate in a daily basis into my diet. I am actually going to try the habit of drinking a green juice as my first nutrients in the morning, to ease my body into the arduous process of digestion. 

So for now, no more cleansing! But don't worry, all of those fruits and veggies will not go to waste. I am going to use the veggies up within the next couple days, then will move to the fruits (which are a lot of apples, oranges, and pretty hardy fruits)

Have a great Saturday night!

2 comments:

  1. haha its okay stephanie cleansing is not fun
    eat a real meal nooow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you ate something yummy today :)

    ReplyDelete