Thursday, February 24, 2011

My biggest food challenge

Hello all,

Hopefully you have all been having a great week...tomorrow's Friday! I haven't been doing much food preparing this past week. I have been making juices, and have whipped up a batch of almond milk, but other then that I have pretty much been eating foods straight as they grow in nature. This means handfuls of raw nuts, avocados (I just scoop them out with a spoon right into my mouth), and whole fruit. Throw in some sprouted bagel and a few eggs and thats pretty much what my diet has consisted of. Oh, and I have been eating what remains of my raw desserts...yum!

I have to admit that I am getting a big bored with my food selection. Not that I don't love a good orange, but I am yearning for a something a little more jazzed up! I am not exactly sure how I am going to remedy this situation yet, but I am certainly brainstorming.

 I have two dilemmas: time and well, time. Ok, I know that sounded odd. Let me describe the first time. I am extremely busy during the week. My unpaid internship officially became a paid job this past week (yay!), but is definitely going to continue keeping me busy. So I now work three days a week, on top of classes and any homework and studying I may have. This past week I had two tests (including a killer history exam). What this all boils down to is I just don't have a lot of time to do food prep during the week. I know, excuses excuses. But when I don't get home until 8:30 at night it can be hard to have the energy to create a work of art! The second time is referring to the amount of time it takes for me to go to the store. There is no good organic health food store in the Bronx, much to my dismay. So I have to drive to the Whole Food in New Jersey or White Plains. I drove to NJ last Thursday and it took me two and half hours! On my day off the last thing I want to do is sit in traffic for two hours. Not to mention to really have fresh produce (this is most important for greens) you really have to make two trips to the store a week. So I just don't know what I am going to do. Perhaps I will have to think of some way to enjoy my time more in the car, so I don't dread the drives so much.

Anyways, any ideas for me? I need to figure out ways to incorporate more variety into my diet.

1 comment:

  1. you could learn a language by tape while you're driving :)

    ReplyDelete